Providing long-term mental, emotional and physical support for anxiety, stress and overwhelm so that you can navigate stressors and reclaim your life.
How I Can Help
Chances are if you are here you have been struggling with anxiety and stress for a while. If your mind is racing constantly, if your worry and fear is overtaking your life, if you feel like you can never get yourself to feel at peace in your head, then you are in the right place.
I am here to help you manage the intensity of your anxiety, fear, worry and stress so that you can break free of the hold that it has over you and reclaim your life. Through individualized support I am here to support you no matter what form your anxiety is taking, through customized treatment plans, a safe environment and ongoing support.
What is Anxiety
Anxiety is a natural feeling that happens when your nervous system and body is put into a stressed state (this is also called fight or flight or a sympathetic nervous system response). It is often characterized by a feeling or worry, fear or uncertainty/apprehension about what is to come or what has happened in the past. Most often we have no control over the outcome of what our anxiety is worried about. A certain level of anxiety, worry and apprehension is completely normal to experience however when those anxiety levels become chronic there can be intense fear and worry every day which prevent us from being able to live our lives on a daily basis.
Without support anxiety can be isolating and all consuming. Whether you are having situational anxiety, panic attacks, or have a chronic anxiety condition I am here to help. You are not alone in this.
What to Expect
Our anxiety and stress can impact every system in our body. From your mental state to your physical body, I am here to support how your external stressors and internal anxiety is impacting you. I help to support your daily anxiety experience, rebalance your physical body and go beyond the anxiety itself to see what is underneath including treating any other medical conditions present and facing that worry dead on so that you can decrease the intensity of it. At some point this anxiety felt like it was protecting you, but it is not protecting you anymore and it is not preventing anything bad from happening. I am here to help you understand your anxiety and find space within it to navigate your stress and live your life. Let’s get started.
The 5 Pillars of Anxiety and Stress Support
- Mental + Emotional Support - The first step is acknowledging what is going on for you on a daily basis. We work to manage the intensity of the mental, emotional symptoms and stressors that you are experiencing everyday so that you can function in your life. This includes navigating the stressors that come up in your external life and finding ways to cope with them. We will work to identify and navigate the underlying thoughts, conditions, experiences and feelings that are contributing to your mental health and well-being.
- Nourishing our Body – Our mental and physical body are so interconnected that when one is stressed or overwhelmed the other will often follow. We will work to support your digestive function and associated symptoms so that we can use the nutrients from food in order to support our nervous system. When we are nourished our body has the tools that it needs to support our nervous system function and balance overwhelm.
- Optimizing Physical Health – We look at your physical body including your nervous system, adrenal gland and hormonal health to bring it back into balance so that you can nourish your nervous system, ground your mind and support your neurotransmitter balance.
- Relationship With Yourself – By acknowledging your relationship with your mental and emotional state, we work to foster a sense of safety and freedom in your feelings so that they are not the enemy but a gateway into understanding yourself. We look at your own sense of self and how environmental factors are contributing to that. We give you the space to get to know yourself so that you are not controlled by your mental state so that you can live your life.
- Long-Term + Relapse Support – Our mental health and wellbeing doesn’t just end once we are feeling better. It is an ongoing dynamic being the same way that our physical body is. In this way there are times in our lives when our mental health needs more support and times when it doesn’t. We are here for all of it. We offer long-term support to navigate the many different phases that come with navigating your mental health so that you can thrive long term. As our lives change old patterns can be activated and that is okay. That is us just trying to survive. We are here, and prepare for those moments too.
If you’re struggling with anxiety, panic, stress or overwhelm, I offer complimentary 15 minute consult focusing on mental health.
Dr. Sisam offers visits both in-person and virtually. To learn more about virtual appointments click here.